Spending Time with God in Prayer
Your time is precious. With your commitments and the commitments of others it is difficult to find time to do the things that are most important to you. However, spending time with God in prayer is something that strengthens our spirituality and relationship with God. Just as a good friendship requires a commitment of time and communication, so our relationship with God.
As St. Paul tells us "pray constantly." There are a number of ways to maintain and strengthen your relationship with God by spending just a few moments of your precious time in prayer.
"Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing, for everything give thanks, for this is the will of God for Christ Jesus in you"
- Turn off the radio and cell phone on your commute and pray a devotional such as the rosary
- Get up 15 minutes earlier and sip coffee while reading scripture
- Attend weekday Mass at Our Lady of Peace 8:15-8:45 am
- Pray with your children at bedtime
- Take a short walk at lunch time to be with God
- Pray before meals
- Pray with your spouse before discussing the events of the day
1 Thes 5:16-18